Whether you are a competitive cyclist, a leisure cyclist, or merely cycle to keep fit, you have to agree that the time to get onto the road is a luxury not everyone can afford. This is why Garmin Tacx NEO 2T Smart Trainer and Garmin Tacx NEO Bike Smart Trainer exists.
NEO 2T lets you use the bicycle you already own while NEO Bike is a full-feature indoor bike, complete with dual fans to keep you cool as you sweat it out. Both equipment are uber sleek, but there are more than just looks.
Garmin Tacx NEO 2T Smart Trainer features:
• Improved stillness results in a nearly silent smart bike trainer with power and cadence accuracy within 1%
• New motor design creates enhanced ride feel during climbs and acceleration, when riding at low speed or cadence
• Now enables accurate pedal stroke analysis via compatible third-party software and Edge® bike computers
• Dynamic inertia compensates for weight and other factors to ensure a realistic and smooth ride
• Road feel feature lets you experience the sensation of different road surfaces, such as cobblestone and gravel
Moreover, it features a redesigned rear axle that supports even more bikes with no need for adapters. The Garmin Tacx NEO 2T Smart Trainer is available in 3-5 weeks time for $1,399.99.
Meanwhile, the Garmin Tacx NEO Bike Smart Trainer is essentially the Garmin Tacx NEO 2T Smart Trainer, but with a bike proper. It touts itself as the only smart bike with road feel, affording the rider the sensation of riding over different road surfaces, like cobblestone and gravel.
Garmin Tacx NEO Bike Smart Trainer features:
• Innovative design creates a realistic feel and accurate-to-life riding position; virtual shifting even simulates the sensation of changing gears
• Smart technology and next-to-silent internal design let you ride without disturbing others
• Enables accurate pedal stroke analysis with left and right balance and power distribution
• Measures your power within 1% accuracy and works with popular third-party training apps such as Zwift and Tacx®
With Garmin Tacx NEO Bike Smart Trainer you can train following the structured training plans, race against live opponents, upload GPS data and ride on 3D maps as you create your own workouts based on slope, power, heart rate and whatnot – all in the comfort of your home.
In addition, it comes equipped with a 4.5-inch display and allows you to customize the pedals, saddle, handlebar and more. Garmin Tacx NEO Bike Smart Trainer is available in the Canada, Europe, and the U.S., and commands a hefty $3,199.99.
You can’t buy it online. However, you can check the various demo centers where you can have a go with it and perhaps, put you order in for a unit.