Power hungry content creators and gamers alike will be thrilled with the latest news coming from Intel. The chip maker has officially announced the 10th-Gen Intel Core S-series Desktop Processors which includes the “world’s fastest gaming processor,” the flagship Core i9-10900K processor.
The flagship chip offers up to 10 cores, 20 threads, DDR4-2933 memory speeds, and a maximum clock speed of 5.3 GHz with Intel Thermal Velocity Boost out-of-the-box. The chip also features the new Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0, providing automatic performance boost on lightly threaded applications, said Intel.
For the speed-obsessed, you will be glad that the processor is further overclockable and get this, it has per-core hyperthreading control, so you can choose which threads to turn on or off on a per-core basis.
Here are the low downs of Intel’s latest speed demon.
• Up to 187 frames per second for in-game performance while streaming and recording, and up to 63 percent more frames per second in gaming compared with a 3-year-old PC.
• Up to 12 percent faster video editing compared with the previous generation, and up to 15 percent faster video editing compared with a 3-year-old PC.
• Up 18 percent faster 4K video editing compared with the previous generation, and up to 35 percent faster 4K video editing compared with a 3-year-old PC.
• Up to 31 percent better overall system performance compared with a 3-year-old PC
• Intel Thermal Velocity Boost: Gamers and creators get an opportunistic and automatic boost across single-core and multicore workloads, with up to 5.3 GHz.
• Intel Hyperthreading Technology: Now across 10th Gen Intel Core i9 to i3 processors.
• Enhanced Core & Memory Overclocking: Gain ultimate control when overclocking your processor and key system components with features enabled by new unlocked and overclockable 10th Gen Intel Core processors.
• Intel® Ethernet Connection I225: Now available on the 10th Gen platform, 2.5G Intel Ethernet Connector I225 delivers greater than two times the network speeds of 1GB Ethernet on existing cabling.
• Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201: Now integrated into 10th Gen Intel Core desktop processors, Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) delivers responsive gameplay, nearly three times faster downloads and more reliable connections. Delivers best-in-class connectivity with the freedom and flexibility to game or create anywhere throughout the home or office.
10th-Gen Intel Core S-series Desktop Processors are slated to available at retail channels and in desktops sold worldwide by OEMs starting May.
All images courtesy of Intel.