Forget about Dom’s 900-hp Charger that does the quarter mile in 9-second flat because, in real life, you could have even more with the 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170. Packing a breathtaking 1,025 horsepower, it is the world’s most powerful muscle car yet.
The standard 170 Demon itself is a beast to behold with 900 ponies and 810 lb-ft (1,098 Nm) of torque on E10 but it being SRT-fied, this 170 Demon is fully demonized to deliver pure adrenalin.
The modified 3.0L supercharger produces 1,025 horsepower and 945 lb-ft (1,281 Nm) of torque that enables it to wipe the 0-60 mph sprint faster than you could read the post title, at a mere 1.66 seconds. And it does so while delivering the highest (read: craziest) G-force acceleration of any production car at 2.004 gs.
It is worth noting, though, the peak power output and torque are when the engine is fed with an E85 ethanol blend. So, yeah, regular pump ain’t getting you those numbers.
The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170, the seventh and final Dodge “Last Call” special-edition vehicle, is history’s first-ever eight-second factory muscle car. It runs the quarter-mile in an NHRA-certified 8.91 seconds at 151.17 mph. And no, it does not have a parachute equipped, and neither did it have a roll-cage when it make that speedy 1/4 mile.
Here are some of the component upgrades/features of this awesome beast:
- Modified 3.0-liter supercharger features a larger snout with 105mm throttle body and 3.02-inch pulley
- All-new driveline includes HIP (Hot Isostatic Pressing) processed housings, larger 240mm ring and pinion, pressure cast new case and new mountings, rear axle housing is 53% stronger with new geometry rear differential housing and featuring Direct Connection logo, larger rear cover-mount fasteners, increased case depth and more
- Rear prop shaft 30% stronger than original Demon and stronger half shafts designed with larger inner-connecting spline and revised heat treatment
- 315/50R17 Mickey Thompson ET Street R drag radials — never offered before on a production car — critical to vehicle performance, deliver extra tractive force
- Patent-pending TransBrake 2.0 includes torque-shaping capability, a technology used in competitive drag racing with easier driver interaction to dial-in preset torque limits
- Unique Drag Mode suspension provides maximum forward drive and custom race settings for drag calibrations
- First-ever factory production car built with staggered drag radial tires and fender flares
- Revised rear suspension for an increased contact patch
The 2023 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon 170 is limited to just 3,300 units, with 3,000 units dedicated to the U.S. markets and 3000 for Canada. It has an MSRP of US$96,666. Well played with the 666 in the pricing, Dodge. Well played.
If you are down, you may check out the available dealer locations using the Dodge Horsepower Locator tool at DodgeGarage.com. Ordering for the car will start on March 27, 2023.
All images courtesy of Dodge.