What you see here is NOT the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. This is the new nubia Z30 Pro and the massive camera module there is 64 MP tri-camera setup with 8 MP periscope telephoto.
Like we’ve said it before, the smartphone market is less exciting these days. The specs on the Nubia Z30 Pro, while flagship level, are nothing more than mundane. You probably has seen the specs or similar specifications hundred times since last year.
Specs like Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, LPDDR5 memory, UFS 3.1 storage, AMOLED display, super fast charging, so on and so forth.
In other words, not much of selling point, really. It really comes to the build and if you adore the brand or not.
Not that you will be able to get this phone everywhere outside of China. Anyways, skip ahead for a rundown of the specs.
Key features of nubia Z30 Pro:
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 (64-bit octacore, up to 2.84 GHz Kryo 685 + up to 2.84 GHz 1+3+4” Cortex-X1)
• 6th-gen AIE (AI Engine) with over 26 trillion times per second AI computing power
• Adreno 660 GPU
• 144 Hz 6.67-inch FHD+ (2,400 x 1,080 pixels) AMOLED flexible display
• 64 MP tri-camera (64 MP OIS main camera + 64 MP super wide-angle main camera + 64 MP “humanistic” main camera + 8 MP OIS periscope telephoto)
• Front camera: unknown
• Dual LED flash, Nubia astronomy imaging system, 5x optical zoom, 50x hybrid zoom, multiple camera recording
• Bluetooth 5.1, dual-band wireless 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, NFC
• 4,200 mAh battery, supports 120W fast charging; charges to 100% in 15 minutes
• 8/12/16 GB LPDDR5 dual-channel memory and 256/512 GB UFS 3.1 storage
• Sensors: gravity acceleration, gyroscope, geomagnetic, light, proximity, in-display fingerprint sensor
• Dual Smart PA, stereo speakers, supports DTS: X Ultra
• Dual nano SIM tray
• Five-layer micro graphene + VC liquid-cooled technology
• 161.83 x 73.01 x 8.5 mm / 198g
• Vast black, Interstellar silver, Black gold
Nubia Z30 Pro is available in China (obviously) with a starting price of 4,999 yuan (which works out to be about US$777).
Images: Nubia [CH].