I don’t believe legendary female race car driver Patricia An “Pat” Moss was officially affiliated with British Motor Corporation when she made history at the Tulip Rally in May 1962. But it does not matter because it was a day to remember and still is today.
And remember MINI wants you with the Pat Moss Edition MINI 3-door and MINI 5-door. To commemorate the achievement by the pioneering woman race car driver, MINI has premiered the Pat Moss Edition MINI 3-door and MINI 5-door on International Women’s Day. That would be on March 8 – for the benefit of those who are the first time on this planet.
The Pat Moss Edition MINI will be available from May 2022 for the MINI Cooper S 3-door, the MINI Cooper S 5-door, the MINI John Cooper Works. This special edition MINI has several cosmetic features that set it apart from regular MINI.
For a start, it Multitone Roof that has a color gradient of the vehicle roof extends from Chili Red to Melting Silver and Jet Black. This striking roof is paired to a choice of Pepper White or Midnight Black metallic, accented with red exterior mirror caps.
Not going to lie, save for the horizontally aligned hoot stripe in white (which takes a bit of getting used to, if I can be honest), the at-a-glance aesthetic is pretty impressive. There are more:
• Stylized tulip on C pillars and side scuttles along with the inscription “Pat Moss”
• Key facts of the 1962 Tulip Rally below the side scuttles on the front side panels
• Exclusive wheel hub design with a graphic based on the outline of the typical Dutch flower and MINI wordmark
• Tulip motif, the name inscription and the key facts on screen-printed aluminum door sill trims
• The original Pat Moss signature wrote on the hood in one of her victories has been replicated on the front apron
• A piano Black interior
• Edition emblem in form of a tulip on the sports leather steering wheel
• An abstract depiction of engine pistons moving up and down forming the shape of the letters “M” and “W” for “Moss” and “Wisdom”
“Wisdom” was, of course, Pat’s navigator, Ann Wisdom. The Pat Moss Edition MINI 3-door and MINI 5-door will see a market launch in May with pricing to be advised.
All images courtesy of BMW Group.