Inspired by the century-old tradition of the Bayview Mackinac Boat Race from Port Huron to Mackinac Island, the Shinola The Mackinac 40 mm Sailing Watch is a true one-of-a-kind automatic chronograph. It is the first Shinola timepiece with an automatic, single-eye chronograph yacht-timer functionality aka a regatta timer, which is a unique chronographic function designed for sailboat racing.
But you need not take part in a regatta or even sail to own one. All you need is US$3,500. Not cheap but this is no ordinary timepiece either. I mean, you already know that. Here are the justifications anyways:
- Swiss-made Sellita SW511.BHC Elaboré grade movement with premium finishing, including blued screws and Geneva striping.
- Bespoke black rhodium plated rotor with orange bolt and maritime flag graphic treatment
- Hours, minutes, chronograph second with 15-minute counter and date functionalities
- 27 jewels
- 56-hour power reserve
- 40 mm square case in polished stainless steel with alternating brushed and polished surfaces
- Sapphire crystal
- A full exhibition case back showcasing the custom etched rotor
Strap: waterproof and breathable textured rubber strap in canary yellow.
- A lively, highly-legible double-layer dial
- Yacht timer
- Date window
This unique timepiece is presented in stunning packaging, which is a beautifully crafted box, along with a story booklet, a plaque engraved with the coordinates of Mackinac Island, and the nautical flag alphabet. The Shinola The Mackinac 40 mm Sailing Watch is available now from Shinola.com for the aforementioned US$3,500.