Regardless of how bad we think the Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace was, we have to admit that there was one thing good that came out of it and that was Podracing. Speaking of Podracing… the racing video game based on the podracing sequence from the 90s is making a comeback.
The Star Wars Episode I Race is coming to Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
Developed by Aspyr, the official port to modern video game consoles will feature modernized controls to maneuver your favorite podracer through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels and more.
Man, just writing about it, has brought back a surge of nostalgia. It used to be my favorite game, though, now that I think about it. I have absolutely no idea which platform I played on. Anywho, here are the features you can expect:
• 25 playable racers including: Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
• Race tracks spanning 8 unique worlds including: Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
• Work with pit droids to upgrade your podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
• Discover short-cuts and secrets to master your lap times
• Split-screen multiplayer (Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4) and LAN multiplayer (Nintendo Switch)
And here are the first look of the Star Wars Episode I Race:
Images and source: Starwars.com.