The Mazda MX-5 is arguably the most iconic roadster of our time. However, it was never a top performer by any means. Thankfully, the market is not lacking of aftermarket solutions to up the performance. If you reside in the U.K., BBR MX-5 NC 2020 Super 225 is one such solution from BBR GTi.
The new Super 225 package promised to boost the performance of a 2020 2.0L Mazda MX-5/Miata NC by bumping up its power output to 224 brake horsepower and making 174 lb-ft (236 Nm) of torque at 4,000-6,000 rpm.
The package includes bespoke, exclusive Drive By Wire billet 45 mm DCOE Independent Throttle Bodies for optimized induction efficiency, and staggered tuned length open trumpets to maximize mid-range torque.
The following are the technical details of the BBR Super 225 Package:
• BBR stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifold
• BBR high performance intake and exhaust camshafts
• BBR 3.5 – inch diameter branded tailpipes with stainless steel clamps
• BBR badges for front wings and boot lid
• Drive by wire controlled direct to head billet 45mm DCOE throttle body assemblies
• Bespoke BBR aluminum ram pipe support/backing plate (carbon-fibre option available)
• Bespoke BBR DBW system – complete OEM ECU integration
• Bespoke BBR air rail for MAP and servo feed
• Alloy inlet ram pipe curved extensions
• CNC machined 20mm alloy inlet ram pipes – black and silver anodized for OEM style discrete appearance
• Optional BBR foam air filter available
Sounds good? Well, if you are sold by the package, then be prepared to splurge. The BBR MX-5 NC 2020 Super 225 is priced at £3,495 for the DIY package option, or £4,295 for a drive-in, drive-out installation at BBR’s Brackley HQ. You can learn more about the BBR MX-5 NC 2020 Super 225 HERE.
Images: BBR GTi.