Kia Motors has announced a new special edition Kia Stinger GTS ahead of the New York International Auto Show. Limited to just 800 units, the Stinger GTS boasts a newly developed dynamic all-wheel drive (D-AWD), along with “sport-inspired” styling elements like genuine carbon fiber parts, and this: a splashy new and exclusive “Federation” orange paint job.
Powertrain is the same 3.3L V6 twin turbo unit as found on the Stinger GT that develops 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque, paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission.
Here’s a run down of the key features of the new special edition Kia Stinger GTS:
• Mechanical limited slip rear differential in the D-AWD system that’s designed to enhance traction and distribute power more evenly between the rear wheels when slip is detected
• Drive Mode Select amplifies rear-biased dynamics
⁃ Comfort mode sends 60 percent of power to the rear for feeling of stability
⁃ Sport mode sends 80 percent of power to the rear for more spirited driving
⁃ Drift mode sends up to 100 percent of power to the rear wheels and holds gears without upshifting
• New Control Logic
⁃ Slip Control and Counter Steer Detection
⁃ Transmission Shift Pattern
⁃ Stability Control
• Exclusive “Federation” premium orange paint color
• Genuine carbon fiber on signature tiger nose grille, side mirror caps and side vents
• GTS rear emblem
• Center Stinger emblem replaces the Kia logo on the trunk lid for more custom appearance
• Steering wheel and center console swathed in Alcantara
• Headliner blanketed in premium suede-like Chamude
• 720-watt Harman Kardon premium audio system with QuantumLogic and Clari-Fi signal enhancing technology
• Built-in wireless charger for compatible smartphones
2019 Kia Stinger GTS Sports Sedan is offered in D-AWD or RWD and it will go into production in Spring. Though exact availability is not clear, we do know that the limited edition GTS will have a starting sticker of $44,000 and $46,500 for the RWD and D-AWD models.
All images courtesy of Kia Motors.