Zooming is all the rage these days with smartphone and Motorola isn’t about to let it slides. The U.S. handset maker’s answer to the zooming bandwagon is this: the Motorola One Zoom. It does not touts insane 10x zoom, though. The Motorola One Zoom does, however, packs a quad camera setup that packs a 48 MP camera sensor, Quad Pixel technology, Dual OIS, Night Vision software, as well as a dedicated 8 MP telephoto and a 16 MP ultra-wide angle lenses and with, you guessed it, AI to boot. Here are the details:
- OS: Android 9 Pie
- Display: 6.4-inch FHD+ (1,080 x 2,340 pixels) ‘U notched’ Max Vision OLED in 19:9 A.R.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 Mobile Platform
- Memory: 4 GB RAM, 128 GB internal storage
- Camera (rear): 48 MP sensor main camera (output 12 MP), 16 MP 117-degree wide-angle lens camera, 8 Mp telephoto lens with 3x optical zoom, 5 MP depth sensor, dual LED flash, 1080p at 30fps videoing
- Camera (front): 25 MP f 2.0, 0.9um sensor, 4K UHD videoing at 30fps
- Connectivity: Dual-band WiFi 802.11a/a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, WiFi Hotspot, USB Type-C (USB 3.1)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer (compass), Gyro, Proximity, Ambient Light, Ultrasonics,
- Location: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- Audio: Mono speaker, 3 microphones, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Battery: 4,000 mAh with TurboPower 18W charger
- Others: on-display fingerprint sensor, Face unlock, dual SIM support (2 SIM or 1 SIM+1 microSD), Google Assistant, support for gestures, P2i splash-proof nano coating
All these features are packed into a 6000 series polished aluminum frame in a 158 x 75 x 8.8 mm package, sandwiched between a 2.5D Panda King glass (front) and 3D Gorilla Glass 3 (rear).
Motorola One Zoom is available starting today in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and other Latin American countries, as well as EU markets, priced at €429. There is also an Amazon exclusive version with built-in Alexa support available to the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy and France, going for £379.
As for the U.S., it is available from motorola.com as a GSM unlocked device suitable for use with carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile and carries with it a starting price of $449.99.
All images courtesy of Motorola.