The remake of SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom video game, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated official release is set on June 23. Eager fans can secure a copy starting today.
Pre-order is now available for PC and Xbox One with Nintendo Switch’s book opening on April 21. PlayStation 4 pre-order will kick off at a later date. But real fans will not want just the video game. You will want to bring home one or both of the special bundle edition: The Shiny Edition and the F.U.N. Edition.
The Shiny Edition comes with a bunch of goodies, including an 8-inch (20 cm) SpongeBob figure with Golden Spatula and flexible tongue, some wallstickers, 6 lithographs, SpongeBob SquarePants tennis socks, and of course, the game itself.
The F.U.N. Edition packs even more goodies and you want that if want to bring home both Patrick Star and Sandy Cheeks – the squirrel that wears a dive suit, figures. The F.U.N. Edition includes the everything the Shiny Edition has, including the SpongeBob figure, plus a 7-inch (18 cm) figure of Patrick, an 8-inch Sandy figure, and a set of Tiki keyrings. The three figures’ base put together nicely to form a continuous display. Pretty snazzy, if you ask me.
If are not familiar with the game, here are the official words:
“Are you ready, kids? The cult classic is back, faithfully remade in spongetastic splendor! Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and show the evil Plankton that crime pays even less than Mr. Krabs. Want to save Bikini Bottom from lots of rampant robots with your mighty bubbles? Of course you do! Want to underpants bungee jump? Why wouldn’t you! Want to join forces in a brand new multiplayer mode? The battle is on!”
• Play as SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy and use their unique sets of skills
• Thwart Plankton’s evil plan to rule Bikini Bottom with his army of wacky robots
• Meet countless characters from the beloved series
• Faithful remake of one of the best SpongeBob games ever created
• High-end visuals, modern resolutions and carefully polished gameplay
• Brand new horde mode multiplayer for up to two players, online and offline
• Restored content that was cut from the original game like the Robo Squidward boss fight and more
Images: THQ Nordic.