If you love gaming on laptop, but loathe bezel, well, then you may want to check out Razer’s latest gaming laptop, Razer Blade Stealth. Continuing Razer’s square off design language, this ultraportable gaming laptop boasts a new “individually calibrated” micro edge thin-bezel displays that measures no thicker than 4.9 mm on each side, offering “visually stunning edge-to-edge picture.” Well, I don’t see why is it not stunning. I am already sold because, I am on the anti-bezel camp.
The beauty of the near-bezel-less display is only further exemplified by the CNC-machined high-grade aluminum unibody frame with matte black color anodized deeper into the material “at a sub-molecular level for maximum durability.” With this laptop, Razer is taking a stab at Apple’s brilliant Retina display by proclaiming the laptop’s 13.3-inch 4K display (3,840 by 2,160 resolution) as “retina-shattering clarity.” The display is consummated by touch functionality as well as supports 100 percent sRGB color space. That’s the top end model.
Also available is a FHD matte resolution. But do you really want anything less than 4K at this point? I hardly think so. It also did not fail to point out its an IR web cam, placed at the top of screen to avoid awkward shots. Wait. Is Razer taking a stab at Huawei MateBook X Pro also? Interesting. Anywho, under the hood, the new Razer Blade Stealth is blessed with Intel Whisky Lake processor, specifically, the 8th-generation Intel Core i7-8565U Quadcore processor with Hyper Threading 1.8 GHz/4.6 GHz (base/turbo), with graphics duty assumed by Intel UHD Graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX150 that boasts 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM, or just Intel UHD Graphics 620.
Here’s the summary of the specifications:
• Windows® 10 Home (64-bit)
• Quad-Core 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-8565U Processor with Hyper Threading 1.8 GHz / 4.6 GHz (Base/Turbo)
• Graphics Options
◦ NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 (25W) 4GB GDDR5 VRAM + Intel® UHD Graphics 620
◦ Intel® UHD Graphics 620
• Display Options
◦ 13.3″ FHD Matte (1920 X 1080), 100% sRGB, 4.9mm thin side bezels, individually calibrated
◦ 13.3″ 4K (3840 × 2160), touch display, 100% sRGB, 4.9mm thin side bezels, individually calibrated
• Up to 512GB PCIe M.2 (Graphics Model) / 256GB M.2 SATA (Base Model)
• Up to 16GB LPDDR3 2133MHz dual-channel onboard memory (Fixed)
• Battery life up to 13 hours (Base Model)
• Keyboard with Razer Chroma™ single-zone full key backlighting and anti-ghosting technology.
• Glass touchpad (Microsoft Precision Touchpad)
• Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth® 5.0 connectivity
• Input & Output
◦ Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™), power port, 4 lanes of PCI Express
◦ USB-C 3.1 Gen 2, power port
◦ 2x Type-A USB 3.1
◦ 3.5mm headphone/microphone combo port
• Windows Hello compliant infrared camera, HD 720p
◦ Stereo, 4 Speakers + Smart Amp
◦ Array microphone
◦ Dolby® Atmos
• Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT) security embedded, TPM 2.0
• Razer Synapse 3 enabled with programmable keyboard
• Temper 6 CNC precision milled unibody aluminum chassis, anodized black finish, tone on tone Razer logo
• Dimensions | Height: 0.58” / 14.8 mm, Width: 11.99” / 304.6 mm, Depth: 8.27” / 210 mm
• Compact 65W USB-C power adapter
• Weight From 2.82 lbs. / 1.28kg (Base Model)
The new Razer Blade Stealth is available now from Razer.com and select retailers in both the U.S. and Canada, and soon in the U.K, France, Germany, Nordics, China, Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan. As for pricing, you are looking at a starting price of $1,399.99.
All images courtesy of Razer.
Source: New Atlas.