BMW Motorrad has revealed an exclusive R nineT /5 motorcycle to mark the 50th anniversary of the /5 series and 50 years of BMW Motorrad production in Berlin Spandau. These days, everything calls for a celebration which almost always involve selling products aficionados will find it hard to say no to. The BMW Motorrad R nineT /5 Motorcycle is precisely such a product.
It is a ride that aims to “rekindle memories of that bygone era.” While the form may be contemporary, the nostalgic charm is unmistakable. Don’t believe? Just have a look at the ride yourself. I am sure any /5 aficionados will go ga-ga over this exclusive two-wheeler.
Long story short, here are the highlights of the BMW R nineT /5:
• Potent boxer engine with a capacity of 1 170 cc and an output of 81 kW (110 hp) that meets EU4 requirements.
• Spoke wheels, 3.5 x 17 inches at front and 5.5 x 17 inches at rear.
• 320-millimetre twin disc brake at the front.
• ABS as standard.
• ASC (Automatic Stability Control) as standard.
• Heated grips as standard.
• 2-in-1 exhaust system made of stainless steel with chrome manifolds and rear silencer.
• Chrome mirrors.
• Fuel tank with knee pads and elaborate paint finish in Lupine Blue metallic with smoke effect and double line marking.
• Front mudguard in Lupine Blue metallic with double line marking.
• Double seat with chrome decorative elements and white piping, evoking the historic predecessor.
• Fork slider tubes, wheel hubs and spokes in Aluminum Silver.
• Telescopic fork with gaiters.
• High-end details such as fork bridges and footrests in forged, clear anodised aluminum.
The BMW Motorrad R nineT /5 Motorcycle is presented in Lupine Blue metallic with smoke effect and double line marking on the fuel tank that also sports the anniversary emblem. The R nineT /5 is available to order now in Germany, starting at 14,600 euro (about US$16,500).
All images courtesy of BMW AG.