There are a couple of options available to you when you need to convert FAT32 files into NTFS ones. You do not want to have to format the data or take the chance of losing data.
If it seems like this is similar to speaking a foreign language you may be correct in a way. Computer language is unique, and when talking about specific files and programs it is easy to get lost.
To prevent your brain from frying you need to understand the two terms below.
• FAT32 (File Allocation Table) is the older way to store files. It was presented for use back in 1977 and was superior when using portable devices, digital cameras, and Smart TVs. This type of file is almost obsolete today because of the tiny amounts of storage that they have, and it is impossible to compress them to save room on your device.
• NTFS (New Technology File System) is the newer version of storing files. It was created in 1993 and has become the best way to hold files. It offers a sizable increase in storage space that can be used. It can also be compressed and recovered by using restore points that you have used.
Now that you have a better understanding of what the two types are, it is time to get to the point of this article. The best way to convert your files is to use a company that is reputable and can offer you software to complete the task correctly, such as EIS. You can attempt to convert FAT32 to NTFS by using one of the options below.
- FAT32 converted to NFTS using the Command Prompt
• You need to open an elevated command prompt by clicking on the right and then choosing “Run as Administrator.”
• Now type in : /fs:ntfs
• Drive letter is the letter assigned to the drive that you are wanting to convert from.
• Close the elevated command prompt once you are done.
- FAT32 converted to NFTS using an External Tool
• You can convert them easily with an external program or platform.
• Once you have downloaded the proper software you will need to open it up.
• Click the proper option on the interface and away you go.
• Follow the steps offered and finish the task.
Sometimes the unwanted happens and you will still lose some documents or photos that are irreplaceable. It can be discouraging after you have put so much time and effort into converting your files. In the past, at this point, you would have to give up and accept that everything was gone. That is not the case at all today because there are two options available for you to use to get them back.
• If you have a newer SSD driver you will have to contact a professional. Mendelson at PC Magazine claims that there are currently no programs available that can retrieve files from an SSD-style computer or laptop.
• A regular disk drive can be retrieved if you lose anything important. Download a simple tool to help you recover them without losing any of the data. The magicunerasure can do the trick for you easily.
Converting a FAT file to an NTFS one is not as complicated as it may seem. You do not need to know how to program, and most of the time you do not spend the money it takes to have a professional convert them for you. It is a simple three-step process, no matter which method you choose to use.
If you should lose some of the data that you are trying to convert, there are a couple of ways to recover it without destroying any of your files. It is truly that easy.