Have it ever cross your mind that what if Nissan did design gaming chairs? Probably not. Like who on Earth would even think of that. Oh, wait. What? Nissan has signed partnerships with two esports gaming teams? OK. Never mind. Yeah. Nissan does want a piece of this “fastest-growing activity on the planet” after all.
Anywho, in the spirit of winning the esports community, Nissan celebrates ‘National Video Games Day’ with a trio of concept esports gaming chair… sketches. Nissan did not actually made them, but it did conceptualized three gaming chairs, each inspired by the marque’s Armada SUV, GT-R NISMO and the all-electric LEAF.
Drawing on its expertise in design and making real seats for cars, Nissan came up with three gaming chairs that the company claims to be both aesthetics and comfortable. We can’t attest to the latter, but we sure can agree with the former (especially the GT-R NISMO piece). Here are the details, straight from the horse’s mouth:
Nissan GT-R NISMO: Excitement, High Performance, and Unparalleled Refinement
• Inspired by Nissan’s most iconic vehicle
• Constructed from lightweight carbon fiber and aluminum
• Shaped like a racing seat for ultimate performance
• Features red leather and synthetic suede seating surfaces
Nissan Armada: Elegant, Premium Comfort
• Inspired by Nissan’s full-size rugged, yet refined, SUV
• Platinum Reserve black and brown leather-appointed captain’s chair
• Climate-controlled seat with heating and cooling
• Lumbar support for additional comfort
Nissan LEAF: Simply Amazing
• Inspired by the world’s best-selling electric vehicle
• Gun Metal painted surfaces
• Light-gray leather-appointed seats with electric blue inserts
• USB charging ports
• Integrated leg rests
Gamers, don’t hold your breath for these gaming chairs, though. Nissan said it has no plans to build any of them. However, it will gauge public reaction and also, inviting you to vote for your favorite throne on Twitter. Like, who knows? If there’s enough demand, Nissan might just make them? Possibly? Maybe? I don’t know.
Every true gamer has their throne. Which Nissan-inspired concept gaming chair would you choose for the ultimate game experience? (Pics in previous post). #NationalVideoGamesDay— Nissan (@NissanUSA) September 12, 2019
All images courtesy of Nissan USA.