No. Sharp has not gotten into interior decoration. But it very might be because, Sharp Electronics Company of America has just unveiled its first-ever full built-in kitchen suite – not including the cabinets, of course. The Full Built-in Kitchen Suite by Sharp includes the first-ever IoT-enabled kitchen appliances with the full line comprising of SuperSteam Ovens, Induction Cooktops, Wall Ovens, Slide-in Range, Microwave Drawer Built-in Ovens, Over-The-Range microwave ovens, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Sharp also presented its vision of kitchen of the future with two world’s first products: Sharp 24-inch IoT SuperSteam+ Built-in Oven (SSC2489ES) and the Sharp 24-inch IoT Microwave Drawer Built-in Oven (SMD2489ES). Here are the details straight from the horse’s mouth:
• The Sharp 24″ IoT SuperSteam+ Built-In Oven (SSC2489ES) is a hybrid convection oven that uses convection heat and steam super-heated up to 485°F to cook; similar to a restaurant combi-oven. With five high-performance cooking modes, consumers can steam, steam bake, convection bake, super steam grill and super steam roast all their favorite dishes. The oven also features 12 preloaded Smart Cook settings, with 39 settings available in total. Additionally, the IoT SuperSteam+ Built-In Oven App is “Powered by SideChef“, for step-by-step guidance and smart appliance control.
• The Sharp 24″ IoT Microwave Drawer™ Built-In Oven (SMD2489ES) builds upon the brand’s incredible market share and success by introducing the first, WiFi-enabled, built-in Microwave Drawer™ Oven for seamless integration into your modern, smart home. Features include built-in airflow control for flush mounting, “Easy Wave Open” for quick, touchless opening, and a Sharp Kitchen mobile application for iOS and Android devices to enable the smart features.
Damn. The future of kitchen sure sounds like rocket science to me. Personally, I would prefer the good’ol ways. Called me low-tech or old fashion, but you can’t deny the old ways are still effective.
And here’s a rundown of the products in the Sharp Full Built-in Kitchen Suite:
• 24″ IoT SuperSteam+™ Super-heated Steam and Convection Built-In Wall Oven (SSC2489ES)
• 30″ SuperSteam+™ Super-heated Steam and Convection Built-In Wall Oven (SSC3088AS)
• Superheated Steam Countertop Oven (SSC0586DS)
• 36″ Width Induction Cooktop, European Black Mirror Finish Made with Premium Schott® Glass (SDH3652DB)
• 30″ Width Induction Cooktop, European Black Mirror Finish Made with Premium Schott® Glass (SDH3042DB)
• Stainless Steel, European Convection, Built-In Wall Oven (SWA3052DS)
• Stainless Steel, European Convection, Built-In Double Wall Oven (SWB3052DS)
Microwave Oven Drawers
• 24″ IoT Microwave Drawer™ (SMD2489ES)
• 24″ Microwave Drawer™ (SMD2480CS)
• 24″ Microwave Drawer™ (SMD2470ASY)
• 24″ Microwave Drawer™ (SMD2470AH)
• 24″ Microwave Drawer™ (KB6524PSY)
• 30″ Microwave Drawer™ (SMD3070ASY)
Over-the-Range Microwave Ovens
• 1.8 cu. ft. 1100W Over-The-Range Microwave Oven (SMO1854DS)
• 1.6 cu. ft. 1000W Over-The-Range Microwave Oven (SMO1652DS)
• 24″ Dishwasher with Turbo Wash (SDW6757ES)
• 22.5 cu. ft. Counter Depth Refrigerator (SJG2351FS)
• 30″ Stainless Steel, Range Hood (SHC3051ES)
• 36″ Stainless Steel, Range Hood (SHC3651ES)
Slide-in Convection Range Oven
• 5.0 cu. ft. Electric, Convection Range (SRE3061FS)
The range of appliance in the Sharp Full Built-in Kitchen Suite is currently on display at the Nationwide Primetime Show, happening from August 17-20, 2019, in New Orleans, Louisiana. If you are down, you can find the range at booth #1715 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The products in the Sharp Full Built-in Kitchen Suite are expected to land in early 2020 with yet-to-be-announced pricing.
Image: Sharp USA.