You saw the “teaser unboxing” with not much info to it and now, it is here, well, at least it is in China. The Vivo Nex 3 has been launched in China and not surprisingly, there are two versions: a 5G and a 4G version. In the teaser unboxing, Arun refrained from showing the front-facing camera which was obvious that it was a pop-camera but what we didn’t know was, it is a pop-up camera with flash – the first in the market.
And then there’s, of course, the waterfall display that has ridiculously curved screen, going half-way around to the sides and Vivo Nex 3 is also one of the first handsets in the market to flaunt a 64 MP imaging sensor.
Here are the key specifications of the device that you may want to know:
- OS: Android 9 Pie with Funtouch OS 9.1
- Display: 6.89-inch FHD+ (2,256 x 1,080 pixels) Super AMOLED capacitive multitouch display
- Chip: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Mobile Platform with octacore processor
- Memory: 8/12 GB RAM, 128/256 GB UFS 3.0 internal storage
- Camera: (Rear) Triple camera (64 MP sensor main camera + 12 MP super wide-angle lens camera + 13 MP telephoto lens camera); (Front) 16 MP sensor, ƒ2.09 aperture
- Connectivity: Tri-band WiFi (2.4/5.1/5.8 GHz), Bluetooth (version not specified), USB Type-C, NFC,
- Location: BeiDou, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Sensors: Ambient Light sensor, Gravity sensor, Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Electronic Compass
- Network: Dual SIM support; 2G GSM/CDMA, 3G WCDMA/CDMA2000/TD-SCDMA 4G TDD-LTE/FDD-LTE, 5G NR:n41/n78
- Battery: 4,500 mAh (typical) with 44W Super Fast Charging
- Others: 3.5 mm audio jack, In-display fingerprint sensor, AK4377A HiFi chip
- Dimension: 167.44 x 76.14 x 9.4 mm, 217.3g (4G)/218.5g (5G)
The Vivo Nex 3 is available to order in China with a starting price of 4,998 yuan (about US$705) and 5,698 yuan (about US$804) for the 4G and 5G model, respectively. It will go on sale staring September 21, 2019, 10AM.