If you are expecting mobility devices like scooters from BMW to be a little more radical like what Volkswagen did with Streetmate and CitySkater, then I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed. Not that the newly announced scooters are bad looking in anyway; they just look, well, like any scooter you see on the streets today. Anyways, here they are, the three new BMW Scooters: BMW E-Scooter, BMW City Scooter and BMW Kids Scooter, presented to you by BMW and Micro Mobility Systems AG. Keep going for an overview of each of the e-scooter.
• 150W motor
• 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) range
• 12 mph (20 km/h) top speed
• 2 separate braking systems
• Embedded front and rear lights
• 19.8 lbs (9 kilograms)
• Foldable design
• 2 hours to fully charge
• In matt-black color
BMW City Scooter
• Non-powered (AKA kick-powered)
• Tripe-secured folding and locking mechanism
• Low footplate with integrated kickstand
• Large wheels
BMW Kids Scooter
• Non-powered (AKA leg-powered)
• For children (obviously)
• Recommended for 3-12 year-old children
• Under seat storage compartment
• Adjustable handlebar height
• Available in Black, Orange and White and Raspberry Red
All three BMW E-Scooters are slated to be available at select BMW dealers starting September 2019. Prices are TBA.
All images courtesy of BMW AG.