If you have not heard, Bowler Motors, the automotive company behind Bowler CSP Rapid Intervention Vehicle Concept and the James Bond Spectre’s Land Rover Defender 110, became part of Jaguar Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations division in 2019. Anyhoo, this beautiful Defender you see here is the brand’s latest work of art.
Called Bowler Defender 100th Edition 90, it is engineered to mark the 100th full commission of a 90 wheelbase Defender by Bowler. Being a celebratory example, the Bowler Defender 100th Edition Fast Road Conversion includes a host of bespoke features along with Bowlers’ transformational performance specification.
Here is the list of features:
- Bowler Fast Road Suspension
- Bowler Stage 2 Engine Upgrade (including the intercooler)
- Bowler Performance Exhaust with Mudflap Kit
- Bowler 18” Lightweight Alloy Wheels with 285/60/18” BF Goodrich All Terrain Tyres
- Bespoke graphics package
- Bespoke badges commissioned by Fattorini’s artisan badge makers
- Bowler external protection pack in Corris Grey (Bumper, Steering Guard, Sills, and Rear Steps)
- Bowler Signature Headlight Surrounds
- Roll-over protection with a bespoke cross to mount spare wheel internally
- Stainless steel fixings
- Bowler Bonnet Lettering
- Bowler Big Brake Kit
- Half bulk-head deletion
- Fully soundproofed interior
- Recaro SVX 60th Anniversary seats
- Leather dash tops
- MOMO Race Style Alcantara Steering Wheel
- Bowler Gear-shifter Kit
- Alcantara roof lining
- Alpine double din head unit with reverse camera
- Bumper-mounted Lazer ST4’s
- LED headlights, smoked side lights, and side repeaters
The Bowler Defender 100th Edition 90 started life in an exclusive fleet within Jaguar Land Rover and has had many components refreshed and replaced, including the body panels, transfer box, dash and door cards, paintwork, various mechanical components replaced or upgraded, steering box, carpets, rubber matting, and chassis protection. It is almost an entirely new build, IMHO.
Now for the good news. The Bowler Defender 100th Edition 90 is available to buy. It will run you back at £78,000 (currently about US$93,000) plus VAT. If you are keen, you may contact Bowler via phone or email to express your interest.
Images: Bowler Motors.