It has been about 10 months since Facebook Paper goes official, but it is still not available to everyone outside of the United States. But why should you get Facebook Paper? Well, all we have to say is this: if you haven’t been using Facebook Paper, you don’t know what you have missed. For the uninitiated, Facebook Paper is an additional standalone mobile app by NASDAQ-listed social network giant that presents your usual Facebook feed in beautiful magazine style, along with a few nifty features to make your feed consumption a more magazine-like experience. In short, you can say Facebook Paper is a direct competition to Flipboard.
Anyways, there is no telling when there will be an international release, but for those who really have to have it, fret not because there is a workaround which will let you download Facebook Paper app even if you’re outside of the U.S. All you have to do is to make yourself ‘appear’ to be living in Stateside. Need details? Well, here goes:
Before you begin, you will need to disable your iTunes Match account if you have one. The disable option can be found under Settings and ‘iTunes & App Store’ option. Once everything is in order, you can turn it back on again. Remember to turn it back on when everything is done.
1. Launch the App Store on your iPhone, navigate to ‘Featured’ section and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
2. Notice the a rectangular box with your Apple ID above the Terms and Conditions that nobody reads? Tap it.
3. A menu pops up and you will want to select ‘View Apple ID’ (at this point, you will need to enter your Apple ID password associated with your current account).
4. If everything goes well, you should land yourself in the ‘Account’ page where you will want to tap on ‘Country/Region’, followed by ‘Change Country or Region’.
5. A list of countries shows up and you will want to choose ‘United States’.
6. Pretend to read the Terms and Conditions (or actually read it like Steve Wozniak always do).
7. Next, you will required to enter a valid payment method, but you don’t really have to since Facebook Paper app is free. So, go ahead and choose ‘None’ and hit ‘Next’
8. Viola! You are all set to download Facebook Paper app. Head back to App Store and lookup for Facebook Paper app and do the deed.
There is a caveat though: there will be no subsequent app updates. We suspect that if you do the above steps all over again, you might get whatever updates if available, but we have to stress that we have yet to try that.
Anywho, once you done with the download and install, you can then follow the above steps and switch back to your home country.
If you have come this far, we are assuming you have successfully done it and in that case, congratulations! Enjoy your Facebook Paper and oh, do remember to check out the tilting gesture to view high-resolution images. The one other features that we love about this app.