Let’s face it. Not every luxury timepiece collector who is a fan of Mario adores the idea of a Mario-themed smartwatch. That’s not to mention that smartwatches do not hold their value like a good old timepiece. Anyhoo, this is probably why now there is the TAG Heuer Formula 1 x Mario Kart Luxury Watch.
That’s right folks. If you gave the Mario-themed Connected timepiece a pass last year because it was not a real timepiece, well, then the TAG Heuer Formula 1 x Mario Kart is for you. There are two flavors to choose from: Chronograph and Chronograph Tourbillon.
“Fans of the energetic, intrepid Super Mario will recognize their favorite character taking over one of TAG Heuer’s emblematic collections, fittingly dedicated to racing. The two never-seen-before designs were achieved through close collaboration between the TAG Heuer and Nintendo teams to customize every detail of these pieces. The watches highlight the common themes shared by the TAG Heuer Formula 1 collection and the Mario Kart series: adrenaline, speed, competitiveness, all the way to victory.”
TAG Heuer Formula 1 x Mario Kart Limited Edition (Chronograph)
- Automatic Calibre 16 movement
- Limited to 3,000 pieces
- 44 mm steel case
- Mario Kart logo inscribed on the black polished ceramic tachymeter bezel with Super-LumiNova
- 2 o’clock pusher and crown circled with an iconic red lacquer
- Mario’s M symbol etched on the crown
- Mario Kart logo and outline of Mario in his racecar engraved on the dedicated screwed-down case back
- Black dial with anthracite checkered pattern inspired by the racetrack
- Custom asphalt textured sub-counters
- Mario on seconds indicator at 9 o’clock
- Lacquered central hand, hour chronograph counter hand, and 60-second or minute scale on the flange
- The date window at 3 o’clock will regularly intercalate Mario Kart items, such as Bullet Bill, Banana, and more
TAG Heuer Formula 1 x Mario Kart Limited Edition (Chronograph Tourbillon)
- High-precision COSC-certified Calibre Heuer 02T movement
- Limited to 250 pieces
- 45 mm grade-5 titanium case in a mix of fine-brushed and polished finishings
- Fine-brushed steel crown and pushers
- Grade-5 titanium screwed-down case back with custom sapphire glass featuring Mario Kart logo
- Case back engraved with XXX/250
- Black polished ceramic bezel with a tachymeter scale up to 400 km/h, including Mario Kart branding in white Super-LumiNova on the bezel
- 2 o’clock pusher and crown circled in red lacquer with the M symbol of Mario on the crown
- Skeletonized black dial with iconic red contrasting lines along the cutouts, central hands, and 60-second or minute scale on the flange
- Tri-compax layout features 2 grained chronograph sub-counters at 3 and 9 o’clock
- Tourbillon cage at 6 o’clock circled with Super-LumiNova showcases Mario in his kart, the Spiny Shell, and Bullet Bill
- Gearwheel design reminisces of the rims on racecar tires at 12 o’clock
Both timepieces come outfitted with a black calf leather strap with contrasting red stitching and lining, and a custom embossed pattern. Rounding up the design is a folding buckle – made of steel on the chronograph and titanium on the tourbillon model – that is personalized with the M symbol of Mario.
Each timepiece is presented in specially developed black watch boxes with matching travel pouches.
The TAG Heuer Formula 1 x Mario Kart Limited Edition timepieces will be available starting October 20, 2022, with the Chronograph going for US$4,300 and the Chronograph Tourbillon commanding a cool US$25,600. Meanwhile, you may learn more HERE.
All images courtesy of TAG Heuer.
via Luxury Launches.