Clearly, the geeky-look bring about by smartwatch is not for everyone. Well, fret not, there is always the hybrid that will slightly soften the geeky-look. Speaking of hybrid, Fossil Collider DIANA Smartwatch is a new line of offering from, well, the largest smartwatch maker and fashion label Fossil.
The OS is not known, even though it has been put up to order on a Dutch website, bol.com. However, it is tipped to be powered by Wear OS. DIANA, btw, is not a moniker that points to the feminine side; it is portmanteau of Digital and Analog (“Di” for Digital and “Ana” for Analog). At this point, there are no official words from Fossil, but as per the aforementioned Dutch retailer, the details are as follow:
• Collider is the first digital and analogue (DIANA) hybrid smartwatch from Fossil.
• 42mm stainless steel case.
• A modern “e-ink display” (without a touchscreen) sits behind the hands to show steps, weather, and notifications from your apps.
• Support for 10 different dial elements.
• Built-in heart rate monitor.
• Battery will last for 2 to 4 weeks (depending on use).
• Connect via Bluetooth to your iPhone or Android phone so you can view all the stats in detail such as calories, steps, sleep, and much more.
• The time automatically synchronizes with your phone.
• You can assign functions to the right top button. “Want to start a workout with Google Fit or see your latest WhatsApps? It’s possible with one touch of a button!”
Apparently, the is a model with GPS and Google Pay, and one that as a brown E-ink. Anyways, since these information did not come from Fossil itself, nor are the smartwatches listed on its official website, it is wise to take those details with a pinch of salt. Fossil Collider DIANA Smartwatch is, according to The Verge, “currently available for pre-order from a variety of retail sites for around €200/$220.”
Images: Fossil (maybe?).
Source: The Verge.