Joining Tesla growing portfolio of lifestyle products that include the likes of die cast collectibles, hats, power bank, and Tesla Model S for Kids is this minimal and sleek surfboard called Limited Edition Tesla Surfboard. Obviously, a car maker known nuts about making a surfboard and even if it knows anything at all, Tesla and surfing don’t quite mix, or at least they don’t mix well enough to convince why you should drop $1,500 for a Tesla-branded surfboard.
As such, the prolific electric automaker has teamed up with Lost Surfboards and Matt “Mayhem” Biolos, the surfboard shaper for World Surf League Championship athletes. Not surprisingly, the surfboard touts “the same high-quality matte and gloss finishes used on all Tesla cars.” For fans of Tesla, the inspiration of the interior of a Tesla car is evident with the lightweight “Black Dart” carbon fiber materials used and the subtle, yet eye-catching tonal logos in contrast gloss.
Here are the details:
A contemporary short board scaled up and refined for performance, featuring:
• – Generous dims and higher volume
• – Conservative, low entry rocker and an accelerated tail rocker
• – A rounded pin tail allowing confident navigation in crowded line ups and wide variety of surf
• – Heavily blended, thin rails from fins to tail for maximum control
• – Forward thickness flow, for drive and extreme paddle-ability
• – Model and dimensions: El Patron’ Round, 6’8” length 20.50” 2.88” with 42.50 cubic liters of volume
Tesla said the Limited Edition Tesla Surfboard will fit comfortably into the automaker’s Model S, X and 3, be it outside or inside the vehicle. The surfboard is available as we speak, but expect a wait of 2-10 weeks cos’ the surfboard is custom made-to-order and also, only 200 will be fulfilled. Which means, if they are gone, they are gone and if you want one, you’d better act fast. Not a fan of Tesla? Well, there is always the MINI by Channel Islands Surfboard.