Segway. Since the company best known for two-wheel balancing electric vehicle was picked up by Beijing-based Ninebot, its portfolio has grown immensely to include eSkates, e-scooter, go-kart and now, even an electric dirt bike.
Simply called Segway Dirt eBike, two models are being offered on its Fixed Goal Indiegogo campaign: X160 and X260. The two differs mainly on the motor, the battery system and physical size.
Here’s a rundown of what the Segway Dirt eBike has to offer:
- Swappable quick charge battery that is IP65 rated and its controller, IP67 rated
- 3000 or 5000 W high-speed brushless DC motor
- 0-31 mph (50 km/h) in 4.02 seconds
- 46.6 mph (75 km/h) top speed
- 74.6 mile-range (120 kilometers)
- An electric motor with 184.6 lb-ft (250 Nm) of torque
- Weighs as little as 121 lbs (55 kilograms)
- Works with Segway-Ninebot smart app for tracking riding stats and route
- Two riding modes: Sport and EP for range
- Multi-link hydraulic spring central rear suspension, double inverted front fork, adjustable travel (rear)
- Front and rear disc brakes
- LED lights
- Depending on model, charging may take anything from 3 hours to 5 hours
- Turn key ignition
- Electronic throttle control
- Hybrid of belt and chain drive
- Aviation-grade aluminum alloy frame
- Off-road tires (X160: 70/100-17; X260: 70/100-19)
Segway Dirt eBike is priced at $2,499 and $3,999 for the X160 and X260, respectively, and it is available for pre-order on Indiegogo. Estimated shipping is February 2020. Those prices are discounted, btw. Segway said the retail price of the X160 and X260 will be $2,999 and $4,499, respectively.
Go on, have look at the product promo video to see it in action.
All images courtesy of Segway Ninebot.