There is going to be a new LEGO video game and it is going to be just as refreshing as LEGO Bricktales. It is a build-and-race racing video game called LEGO 2K Drive. Developed by Take-Two Interactive Software and published by 2K, LEGO 2K Drive is described as an AAA driving adventure game that “evolves the iconic LEGO play experience” and the first title in a multi-title partnership.
In this game, gamers will experience a vast, open world where they can build any vehicle, drive anywhere, and well, become a LEGO racing legend. LEGO 2K Drive combines the best elements of open-world driving and face-paced competitive racing. It features vehicle customization and very unlike other racing games, there is a super villain in the game.
Moreover, LEGO has partnered with McLaren Automotive to bring the McLaren Solus GT and McLaren F1 LM, which has just been released in a LEGO Speed Champions double-pack set – into the world of Bricklandia. Key features of the game as per the horse’s mouth:
- A Story in a Vast Open World: Players will journey across Bricklandia’s multiple unique biome regions as they compete against a series of charismatic rivals with hopes of one day winning the coveted Sky Cup Trophy. In LEGO 2K Drive, players choose how they want to play, with a wide-open world to explore full of racing, minigames, challenges, collectibles, things to destroy, and well-known vehicles from LEGO themes like City, Creator, Speed Champions, and more.
- High-Octane LEGO Racing: Racing in LEGO 2K Drive is a fast-paced, off-the-wall experience as players battle across a broad range of tracks while taking advantage of unique power-up abilities that can transform a player’s standing in the race with the touch of a button.
- Unique Customization: LEGO 2K Drive introduces a diverse customization system that allows players to build their own vehicles to suit their tastes, with over 1,000 unique LEGO pieces available over the course of their adventure, in addition to a wealth of color designs, stickers, flairs, and more.
- Play Solo or Together: LEGO 2K Drive offers robust co-op and thrilling competitive multiplayer to enjoy with others. Play with family and friends via local, 2-person split-screen or match online with other intrepid racers of similar skill levels.
Three editions of the LEGO 2K Drive will be available:
- The Standard Edition will be available for $59.99/£49.99/€59.99* on PlayStation®4 (PS4™), Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo SwitchTM and $69.99£59.99/€69.99* on PlayStation®5 (PS5™) and Xbox Series X|S in both physical and digital formats.
- The Awesome Edition will be available for $99.99/£84.99/€99.99** and includes a new vehicle, vehicle flair, and an in-game LEGO minifigure. Players will also receive the Year 1 Drive Pass**, which will introduce an all-new biome, in addition to four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes.
- The Awesome Rivals Edition will be available for $119.99/£99.99/€119.99* and includes multiple new vehicles, a vehicle flair, and in-game LEGO minifigures. Players will also receive the Year 1 Drive Pass**, which will introduce an all-new biome, in addition to four individual post-launch seasons of Drive Pass content, each with new vehicles and themes.
The LEGO 2K Drive video game will be released worldwide on May 19, 2023, for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam and Epic Games Store. The Awesome Edition and Awesome Rivals Edition will be available digitally starting May 16, 2023. Meanwhile, physical copies of the Awesome Edition will be available for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch from select retailers in select territories starting May 16, 2023.
If anyone’s interested in securing a copy of the game, the books are open for all platforms. Gamers who pre-order before the launch day will receive the Aquadirt Racer Pack (Digital).