Motorcycle helmets that promised augmented reality (AR) integration that puts critical info right before you eyes are nothing new, but so far, most of them requires you to acquire a brand new helmet that cost upwards of thousands of dollars. The Argon Transform by Singapore-based Whyre here, however, is not most of them. Argon Transform is, in fact, a kit, a dual-camera AR attachment with head-up display (HUD) that will turn any motorcycle helmet into a smart and interactive motorcycle helmet.
It leverages on a see-through head-up display that retrofits to your helmet, a Bluetooth handlebar controller, along with simple user interface to put information like caller ID, GPS navigation, speedometer et cetera right before you, on your favorite helmet. The kit also includes a low-latency rear camera feed that provides a near-180-degree FoV of what’s behind you, plus it has a front dash cam (on the HUD unit itself) that lets you record high-quality HD videos and it is controllable with the included Bluetooth handlebar control.
Key highlights are as follows:
• Two-Way Bluetooth Intercom System: Private and seamless communication channel for rider distances of up to 100 meters apart.
• Hi-Fi Speakers and Microphone: Noise cancelling speakers and microphone are fitted into the helmet, while the back attachment manages music, calls, and audio navigation cues.
• Offline Built-in GPS: Does not require data and operates even in remote areas where the cellular network is weak.
• Up to 8-hour Lithium-Polymer Battery for longer rides between charges and outdoor use.
• Dedicated Mobile App: Access specific ride statistics, captured media, Argon settings, Argon social community, digital riding logbook (record last maintenance dates, spare part changes/cost etc.)
The system uses a three-way wireless system allow the HUD, the handlebar and your smartphone to be connected simultaneously. Whyre has taken to Indiegogo to peddle its ware. It is looking to raise $24,946 to get the product into production.
If you are down, you can help to make it a reality by backing Argon Transform. A pledge of $397-595, depending on how soon you act on it, will secure you a setup, ready to be shipped in February 2020 if the campaign meets its set funding goal. Continue reading for the pitch video to learn more.
All images courtesy of Whyre.