It did not even bother to hide the product’s design, dishing out images after images of the smartwatch which will be called Mi Watch (小米手表).
Like I have said, there’s no secrecy to the design which, as you can see (and to nobody’s surprise), has an uncanny resemble to Apple Watch. Seriously, it looks more like the Apple Watch than the Huami Amazfit GTS that we thought closely resembles Apple’s wearable.
It has a Digital crown located on the top left of the watch and a button on the bottom left of the watch. Unlike Apple Watch, though, the button does not sit flushed to the polished stainless steel watch case.
The teases dished out so far leaves little to the imagination. What do not know now are the RAM, the storage, the availability and the pricing.
Here’s a list of what we picked up so far:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100 chip
- Curved sapphire crystal paired to a polished stainless steel case
- Antimicrobial, sweat-resistance, quick change silicone strap
- Support onboard music playback
- Promised high-capacity battery
- It will have eSIM support
- Will runs of MIUI For Watch
- Apple Watch-like digital crown that also works like that on the Apple Watch
- Built-in GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, and haptic motor
- Built-in speaker for making calls and likely, to call up Xiaoai voice assistant
We also know that one of the selling feature is the ability to control your smart home appliance directly from the watch itself. Mi Watch is set to be announced in an event on November 5, 2019.
Images: Weibo (米家MIJIA).
Source: asia one.